We all can appreciate the beautiful healing energy of spending time in nature, away from civilization. But eventually we have to come home. When we compare the sense of peace and connectedness we feel in nature and to the stress and noise and bustle of city, we know internally that there is a difference.
Part of the difference is the energy programmed into the physical objects of these places. Nature in general has more positive energy than our homes or cities.
Before we can start filling our homes with positive energy, we need to remove any accumulation of negative energy. So here is a list of seven simple proven techniques that you can use to remove negative energy from any space:
1. Salt carpets. This is the simple easiest best way. Simply sprinkle dry table salt on the carpet, wait an hour and then vacuum the up the salt. Use approximately 3 to 6 spoonfuls of salt for a medium size room. Salt crystals have an amazing natural built in-ability to erase the programming of energy. Using salt is like using an eraser on a chalk board. The information on the board is wiped away.
2. Remove clutter. Things like old magazines and dirty clothes can trap a lot of negative energy in your house. Remove old items you no longer need. Keep coffee tables picked up and clean. Put your laundry in a laundry hamper. Wash your dirty dishes and put them away. Negative energy needs objects to hang on to so it can remain around. By keeping your living space picked up, neat and clean,
3. Loud noises. This is the reason the Chinese love fireworks. Loud noises break up energy patterns and allow them to disperse. Mother Nature does the same thing with the noise of thunder storms.
4. Play spiritual music. Music is a powerful tool for cultivating community and a powerful drug that allows you to reach states of ecstasy without the come-down, writes Justin St. Vincent. Music resonates within the human spirit. At the heart of humanity is a song of the soul. The spiritual significance of music can transcend communities, cultures, and creeds.
6. Rearrange the furniture. The Chinese practice the art of Feng shui . Again negative energy needs something to “cling to.” Arrange your space with as much wide open space as possible, allowing any negative energy to disperse. But also the act of rearranging will cause this harmful energy to dissipate.
7. Add living plants. Plants add color, life, oxygen and positive energy to your home. All good things to have. But only if you water and maintain them. According to NASA these are 9 houseplants that clean the air which are almost impossible to kill!
Originally written by Gregg Prescott, M.S. and published on In5d