Do you know if you are an Indigo Child or a Crystal Child?
You have probably heard a lot about Indigos, Crystals, Rainbows and all sorts of other souls, but do you know what it means?
Knowing yourself is the most important learning journey you will ever embark on.
A big part of knowing yourself is in knowing the nature of your own soul.
If you are an Indigo or Crystal Child, then there is a lot of information for you to read that can help you to learn about your own nature.
This will help you to overcome your personal challenges and leap over otherwise impassable obstacles.
But before you embark on that journey, you need to know if it applies to you. Let’s ask ourselves some more specific questions…
What Is An Indigo Child Or Crystal Child? – Traits, Personality, Characteristics
The Indigo Children arrived mostly in the 1970s, and they did so in an emphatic way.
Indigos are known for their anti-establishment leanings and their drive to see the old ways overturned and a new, better path forged.
It is thought that they were triggered into being by the Cold War and various other conflicts that put our planet and humanity in danger.
Their influence helped to bring peace as they reached adulthood in the 90s.
They were referred to as Indigo Children because their auras were dominated by a shade of purple very close to Indigo.
Indigos share the following traits:
- Entitlement. They tend to think they are special – perhaps because they are.
- Higher Purpose. They understand that there is a higher power and want to be a part of something bigger than themselves.
- Demanding. They hold others to a high standard, but hold themselves to an even higher standard than that.
- Perceptive. They see the world the way it really is and won’t accept people saying anything to the contrary.
- Rebellious. They are anti-authority and anti-establishment, distrusting those who hold power and doing what they can to stick it to the man.
- Creative. Often drawn to playing music or writing poetry.
- Progressive. They demand change where change is needed.
- Out of place. They often feel as though they don’t belong, even from an early age.
- Driven. In pursuit of a purpose or higher cause.
- Fiery. Their passion burns hot, and they go after what they believe in with no holds barred.
- Innately psychic. Their psychic powers are available before training, and training is more effective.
- Restless. Frustration with the pace of change can be a major challenge.
The Crystal Children began arriving in the 2000s and are widely seen as the spiritual successors to the Indigos.
First, though, let’s take a look at the traits of Crystal Children:
- Brilliant eyes. Usually very round and often with unusual coloring.
- Sensitive. This applies physically in terms of health (allergies, illness, etc.) and mentally in terms of stoicism.
- Spontaneous. They love to have fun but don’t enjoy the planning phase.
- Affectionate. They have love and affection for everyone and can struggle with judging personal boundaries.
- Healer. They have a natural affinity for healing, including psychic abilities.
- Sound sensitivity. Although they may love music, loud noise is overwhelming for them.
- Sensory sensitivity. It isn’t just sound; all stimuli can be overwhelming for Crystals.
- Easygoing. They don’t have the same ego problems like most people, finding it easier to go with the flow and follow others.
- Affected by negativity. All negative events hit Crystals hard, whether it happens to them or to someone they have never met.
- Learner. They love to learn, although they prefer to learn on their own rather than from an authority figure.
Hopefully, now you understand what Indigos and Crystals are.
Indigo Child And Crystal Child Differences
Now, on to the differences.
The first major difference is in age. Indigos are tending towards their 50s at the moment, whereas Crystals are only just reaching adulthood.
In fact, most Crystals are born to Indigo parents.
The second significant difference is in purpose.
Indigos arrived here during the most dangerous time in the history of the planet.
Global powers were at war with each other, and world-ending weapons were in the hands of dangerous people.
As a result, they needed to be wilful, anti-authority, confident, and unrelenting.
Of course, they value peace and prosperity for all, but their role was to fight against an establishment that wanted to keep using conflict to keep people down.
Through the major social movements of the late 20th century, they came into their own and led the charge for peace.
The Crystals have arrived in a very different world.
While the specter of a nuclear apocalypse is no longer looming so large (though it hardly went away) there are still battles to be won.
These battles are not so clear cut. There are divisions in society caused by selfish thinking, ego, and material obsession.
More and more divisions open up within our societies as time passes, and this flies directly in the face of our common interest.
The role of the Crystals – and the reason they are more sensitive than the Indigos – is to heal the wounds caused by these divisions and help to bring our societies back together.
In this ultra-connected world, the potential for unity and oneness is at an all-time high, but the reality is that we are a long way off that goal.
After the Crystals, it will be the turn of the Rainbow Children.
Their role is still being discovered, but as each generation, before them, they will face their own unique challenges and have their own way of being to suit the world they will be entrusted.