Are you looking for the symptoms of spiritual awakening?
This comprehensive list will help you discover if you are currently experiencing this exciting process of spiritual evolution.
We have worked hard to provide this comprehensive list of symptoms so that you can use it as a sort of checklist.
If you resonate with at least half of these symptoms, then you are almost certainly undergoing a spiritual awakening.
The Symptoms Of Spiritual Awakening
- Differences in sleep patterns and habits. Many people suffer from some insomnia, especially waking up around 3 am when the veil between the physical and spiritual worlds is at its thinnest.
- Increased energy in the Crown chakra. This often causes tingling on the crown of the head.
- High emotionality. The increase in energy in the subtle body has a destabilizing effect on the emotional state, causing higher highs and lower lows.
- Apathy and a lack of follow-through. There is a distinct feeling that the current way of life lacks meaning so getting the motivation to do the normal, everyday stuff is more difficult.
- Weight loss or gain. The appetite is particularly hard hit by awakening, causing undereating in some and overeating in others. The root cause is the same in both cases.
- Weird cravings. Changes to the senses mean that different foods become tastier.
- New allergies and food intolerances. The changes to the DNA can cause allergies and intolerances to appear or worsen.
- You have heightened physical senses. Touch, taste, smell, hearing, and sight all get a boost as your body becomes more connected with your mind and spirit.
- Rashes, acne and other skin conditions. As any doctor will tell you, stress usually manifests on the skin before anywhere else, and the body during spiritual awakening is under massive stress from all the new energy pouring in.
- Short bursts of motivation. There are always short periods when the whole system is in an awakened state, but this is only temporary and wholly unpredictable until the process is complete.
- The renewed drive to meditate. Meditation is humanity’s natural way of connecting with the universe, so there will be an urge in intuition to engage more in this practice.
- Surges in energy and power. The nature of the unfurling of the Kundalini means that each chakra is activated in turn, causing clear steps up in vibration along the journey.
- Renewed youth. Changes in the DNA begin to reverse some of the most obvious signs of aging such as wrinkles, grey hair, and joint problems.
- Vivid and lucid dreaming. Dreams are spiritual in nature, transporting our minds to the astral plane for a few hours. During awakening, this is amplified as your astral self prepares to manifest in the physical.
- Life-changing events. There is a strong tendency for upheaval and synchronicity during this time, and a disproportionately large number of people experience stark changes in their way of life.
- The desire for freedom. Feelings of being oppressed or boxed in by circumstances flare-up, pushing the need to break free from whatever is causing them to feel that way.
- Confusion. New thought patterns and emotional textures are brought up, often leading to confusion as they run into the old thought patterns and emotions. Working through the confusion is of absolute importance if progress is to be made.
- Turning inwards. Introspection is typical as new modes of thinking arise and require study.
- Bursts of creativity. The drive to manifest brings periods of creative productivity, although they often disappear as quickly as they came.
- Time speeds up. At least the perception of it does as the days seem to whizz by faster and faster.
- An unshakeable sense that something is about to happen. The feelings are subtle, but the intuition picks up on it, creating a confusing sense of foreboding and excitement.
- Yearning for purpose. A strong desire to find the meaning and purpose of life, to strike a path that will truly make a difference in the world.
- Feeling different to others. The process of spiritual awakening separates the evolved from those who remain asleep, and that can make people feel separated from the masses.
- Guidance appears. Teachers turn up at just the right time to help with the spiritual journey, providing guidance just when it is needed. This is an example of synchronicity.
- A path presents itself. Everybody has a path that is right for them, and it is during awakening that this path becomes clear.
- Rapid personal development. Life lessons seem to come at a lightning pace, forcing personal evolution to speed up.
- Sensing the supernatural. The spiritual senses are developing at a rapid pace.
- Sudden honesty. Lies are low vibration and telling them is becoming more and more difficult, causing more guilt than it used to.
- More natural body clock. Not only does this affect sleep, but also seasonal changes.
- Electrical equipment breaks. The energy surging through the subtle body often interferes with equipment like TVs, radios, and even lighting.
- Lots of synchronicity. Includes numerology numbers, chance meetings, and other seemingly innocuous coincidences.
- Heightened intuition. The higher self holds the knowledge that the physical self doesn’t, and it is the former that begins to dominate.
- Feeling the Oneness. An understanding of the universe as a single conscious entity comes to fruition in the mind.
- Feeling closer to nature. The urge to get out into the natural world is growing, as is the connection with animals. Many people get pets during awakening, or shortly beforehand.
- Clumsiness. There are a whole lot of changes going on, and this can throw off muscle memory, causing clumsiness, lack of manual dexterity and (physical) balance issues.
- Dizziness. The rush of energy through the Third Eye and Crown chakras causes many changes in perception, but can also cause dizziness when it occurs too quickly – exactly like a head-rush, but more sustained.
- Memory echoes. Everybody has past lives, and during awakening, these memories resurface, though full access is a long way down the road.