Located in the forehead, the third eye chakra is the energy centre of the body that lets you see the real reality of things. In Sanskrit, it is called as Ajna chakra.
This sixth chakra is referred to as the ‘conscience’ by many. Its associated colour is Indigo.
Third Eye Chakra Blockage:
The balanced third eye chakra leads to self-awareness, emotional balance, clarity of mind, and keen intuition.
When this chakra is blocked, it causes many problems and troubles including depression, close-mindedness, anxiety, anger, paranoia, and other mental issues.
Your life feels like it doesn’t have any direction. You don’t trust your inner voice anymore and feel lost.
Third eye chakra blockage leaves you senseless. You don’t want to let go of your past, and the future also frightens you – thus, you remain troubled in the present.
It affects your daily routine and beliefs.
Overactive Third Eye Chakra:
Like the chakra blockage, overactive third eye chakra is also a problem. It leads to psychic as well as psychological sufferings.
When this chakra is overactive, you lose your sense of reality. You get visions and nonsensical information from your own made up sources.
Overactive Third Eye Chakra Symptoms:
We can divide overactive third eye chakra symptoms into physical and non-physical.
- Vision troubles
- Headaches due to unknown reasons
- Sinus problems
- Mental fog
- Being overwhelmed
- Mental exhaustion
- Lack of focus
- Inability to differentiate the reality
- Clouded judgment
How To Unblock Third Eye Chakra:
Unblocking and balancing the third eye chakra is important to live a peaceful life with a sound mind.
You can use the following methods to unblock your third eye chakra:
- Meditation: A unique meditation that focuses on the third eye chakra
- Yoga: The most beneficial yoga poses could be Big Toe, Child’s Pose, Shoulderstand, Downward Facing Dog, and Standing Half Forward Bend
- Stone and Crystals: Quartz crystal, Fluorite, Amethyst, Lapis Lazuli, and Shungite are known to open the blocked third eye chakra
- Use of Essential Oils: Add them to your bath or dilute them to put on your body; you can go for Roman or German Chamomile, Nutmeg, Juniper, Frankincense, Marjoram, Sandalwood, Rosemary, and Clary Sage
- Eating Right: Adding eggplant, prunes, beets, blueberries and blackberries produces positive impact on third eye chakra
- Be More Mindful: Be more observant, try to differentiate between reality and dreams, stop being judgmental and don’t let your emotions drive you
- Add Indigo Colour: Clothing, candles, curtains, decorations or anything having deep blue or indigo colour will open your third eye chakra
What is Third Eye Opening Headache?
Either accidentally or on purpose, whenever you go through spiritual growth, you will feel pressure in your head.
The third eye chakra is located in the forehead, and thus its opening affects the surrounding regions significantly. Sometimes, the third eye opens spontaneously, and when the body is unable to accept the sudden change, it leads to pains and aches.
The gradual opening of the third eye means the whole body is evolved as well and ready for the new energetic change.